It’s here…the wonderful time of the year when we polish ourselves and our houses, participate in various rituals (willingly for a change!!!) and just come together to celebrate. It’s Diwali and I for one, am truly excited.
It’s a festival that has had special meaning and brings to my mind many special memories. This year though Diwali has a special meaning altogether. Next year I don’t know if I will be at home with my parents celebrating Diwali. Dunno which B-school I will be in (I really want to get into one). So basically I am enjoying this Diwali to the fullest.
Diwali has certain rituals and traditions that you follow as a family , and at my home the responsibilities are usually distributed between members and I have to go to all my relatives to distribute sweets-a very deliciously tempting thing to do…(only time of the year when I meet them!!!)
For me Diwali has always been a symbol of a new beginning …a time to forget all your troubles and just celebrate being alive. Well, four years into engineering and the only new beginning I have done is beginning to study for the semester exams read vivas;
Fireworks were very much a part of my Diwali celebrations in my growing years and something I looked forward to, but somehow the craze has now died out. See I am also so concerned about the environment!
Though this post is a little late in the day I would just like to wish everyone a very happy and safe diwali and a prosperous new year .I hope it brings to you all the happiness, fun and joyful memories that it gives me every year
wishing the same to you
ReplyDeletehpy diwali my friend!
ReplyDelete